I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

• Cross Lake Report 2/2/2008

Cross Lake. Shreveport, Louisiana

Man oh man were there a lot of boats out today. It's like they've been waiting for the least bit of warm weather to dust off the boat that's been sitting there for a while. I counted over 20 trucks at the Fleming launch parking lot when I went out around 2pm. I stayed out until after 5pm and from what I could tell, nobody had any bites today. People were actually calling it quits when I loaded the boat, but there were still a lot of boats out there.

Water temps ranged from 48 to 50 and I found the slightly warmer water on the west end. The water wasn't very clear at all. That rain we just had must have really stirred things up. I tried slowing things down a bit, but still couldn't find the fish. I really wanted to get my first jig bite. I saw a few fish splashing around over around the southwest corner, but I've seen that before. I'm pretty sure what I saw were white bass. I had one recreational boater cruise slowly by blasting Witchy Woman by the Eagles. Not very polite of them to suddenly crank their music as they passed by. It was a red and white Tahoe or similar boat with a red canopy. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I always seem to run into these boaters on Cross.

I thought I'd also mention that the pelicans flying around on Cross aren't competition for us. They eat about four pounds of fish a day, but they don't eat the game fish. I am somewhat concerned about what might happen to this year's hatch after the spawn. Pelicans may not eat the game fish, but I don't have any data on whether or not they'd take a bite out of schooling fry. The gulls might dive on them as well.

I'll be out again tomorrow because I could care less about this year's Super Bowl and I don't have any plans. I'm all about college football and the NFL doesn't do it for me anymore. Stay home and do your pregame stuff. I'll go fishing, catch nothing, and tell you all about it.

3 comments:

JimiJohnB said...

Fished yesterday myself on Cross from about 1:00-dark and also had a tough time. Had a total of 3 fisherman in the boat (and no, we weren't the ones blasting music) so it was kind of crowded but it was a beautiful day regardless. Covered a lot of water using different techniques but could only manage an under between the 3 of us. No other bites. Frustrating but nice to be out on the water.

JimiJohnB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BassFishingDem said...

I'm an AUC student. Also trying to finish up. Two more rotations are pending approval. Not having a contact address on the site is intentional.