I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

• New To Fantasy Fishing

I signed up for Fantasy Fishing on both the FLW and ESPN BASS sites. I'm out of the loop when it comes to tournament fishing, so I'm diving head first into something I'm not that familiar with. I've made my picks and joined Rich Lindgren's league on the Fantasy Fishing site. I haven't created or joined a group in the BASS standings yet.

The first day of the first BASS tourney is over today. I think I came out of it with 15 points because three of my choices caught limits. My other two anglers only picked up two fish. Those three made the top 20 today and will hopefully stay towards the top and last at least another day.

4 comments:

Basspastor said...

My Motto: Day 1 don't mean Jack Squat!!!

In BASS FBF it's all about the top
5 finishers, because the points are so top loaded. It sounds like you and I had pretty similar days. I don't know who did better without knowing your line up. Whatever! We are both going to probably be stuck with mediocre scores unless we get multiple anglers in Top 5.

Good Luck!

Basspastor said...

Forget what I just said, they changed the scoring system and it is not nearly as top loaded as before. Under the new system bonus points are the same but percentage wise they are smaller potatoes.

BassFishingDem said...

Well after seeing the points posted this morning, I finally understand the scoring system, I hope. Not very helpful in the "How to play" section for beginners. I needed it spelled out for me since I'd never played before. Can't say I've got as much enthusiasm as I did on day one.

Basspastor said...

BASS Fantasy Bass fishing is a marathon of 12 sprints. Obviously the goal is to do as well as possible in all of them to win bragging rights in your league and possibly a end of the season prize with an exceptionally great season.

The way I look at it, if you manage to win a prize in one of the twelve sprints than you have had a very successful season, regardless if you have stunk it up the rest of the time. Last year I had one top 10 finish (9th best overall) but unfortunately it was in the BASS game where I think the prizes only went down 5 places last year. In FLW I would have won a prize with a 9th place finish as they went down 25 places. This year BASS FBF prizes go down 7 places. Back a couple of years ago BASS gave good prizes down 25 places.

BE SURE TO PLAY THE FLW GAME!!! The prizes are WAY WAY better and there are thousands of them to be won. I have won prizes in the FLW game twice in the previous 4 years when they only went down 25 places. This year they are giving out prizes down 585 places in the regular tournaments and 639 places in the Forrest L. Wood Cup. I think the people at FLW are insane.