I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

• Cross Lake 5-29-2008

Got to go out on the lake this morning. The goal was to make sure the boat was in working order after sitting unused for a couple of months. I hit the water a little before 7am and headed to the south end. I fished some trees and went back to a couple of places I hadn't been to before now that the hydrilla has taken a major hit. I was mixing it up throwing one of my new Strike King Rage Toads, a Terminator T1 spinnerbait, and a Tiki Stick. I caught an under on the spinnerbait along the back edge of an island near the Pawpaw bayou entrance. I came across a water snake resting in a cypress limb back there too. After fishing way back in the trees and hooking into what felt like a gar on my Rage Toad, I came back out and that water snake was still in the same limb. It could have cared less about me.

I worked my way around some more trees, lily pads, and another island in the southwest corner, but came up with nothing. I had a break off in the middle of a cast. Luckily a trail of line was floating in the water so I could recover my spinnerbait. I respooled, which is something I should have done when I came back from Detroit, and headed back north and west to one of my favorite spots between two islands. I started throwing a DT-6 and hooked up with a slot bass right away. It threw the hook right at the boat, but I got a good look at it. I'd say it went 14-15 inches.

Didn't have even the slightest bump the rest of the morning. Water temps were between 82 and 83 degrees. The lake looks heavily stained again after the rain that fell on Tuesday. It was windy and bumpy when I first started out, but calmed down as the morning progressed. It had been cloudy all morning long until about 11am when the sun started shining through. That's when the air temps started to really warm up, so I went on in. I wish I could find some fish on this lake. I can't imagine the torture the Thursday Night Tourney guys here go through.

0 comments: