I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

• Here & There: Boring Memorial Day Week End

It's a slow Memorial Day week end for me. The vehicle is stuck in the shop held hostage by the dealership until some parts arrive. My June/July In Fishermen magazine came in the mail today, so I've been reading a little bit. It's not a terribly exciting issue, but the articles on agitating bass and the KVD finesse drop shotting caught my attention. You have to see the pike with the tail of a 2lb sucker in its mouth on page 60.

I did try fishing this morning out of the pedal boat. It sprinkled a little rain while I was out there. A few boats fished the area back here while I was meandering through the cypress trees. I doubt they caught anything. I sure didn't. My bad luck continues to rear its ugly head. I guess my small tackle box wasn't latched and it opened when I grabbed it. I'm not sure if anything went over the edge of the boat. I think everything was accounted for when I put it all back in. I swear I was finding every submerged stick or log today bouncing the bottom with a plastic worm. If I wasn't hooking wood under the water, I was hooking limbs left and right. I actually broke one of my screw-lock hooks. The screw is gone. I'm sure I'll find a use for that hook eventually, but it doesn't have an offset.

It looks like BassPundit has caught his first bass of the year. Congrats. Looks like a nice one. Caught it on a toad no less. It went 15.5 inches. I see he's getting hit by wind. I can relate. I wonder if he has noticed the article in the In Fishermen about ciscoes and the negative impact of global warming on their survival. Apparently central Minnesota is in the southern part of its natural range.

Fantasy Fishing has lost a lot of my interest, especially after the poor showing in both BASS and FLW last week. Now I think I'm just goofing around with it. I could care less about my picks. I wish the real time leaderboard was on my main page when I log into ESPN's FF frontpage. I like using the previous trends to decide if I want to swap out an angler for someone else.

Finally, the bass boat needs to get some use. My tow vehicle again is stuck at the shop until Tuesday at the earliest. I ran the bilge and took out the rear plug because somehow, rainwater gets inside the guts of the boat even when it's covered with a perfectly good boat cover. I also had trouble with the bow red/green nav light on one trip earlier this year. It didn't come on the last time I hooked it up. Not sure what was wrong. It worked fine this afternoon in the driveway. I did have to get rid of one wasp along with a small nest it built on the underside of the boat cover. One of the PFD's is torn beyond recognition, so I need to pick up a proper replacement in the near future.

5 comments:

Basspastor said...

You need to show us some pics of that bass boat.

BassFishingDem said...

Just click the "boat" label and the Tracker V-18 post should come up. Pics are in that post.

http://bassfishingdem.blogspot.com/2008/01/2005-bass-tracker-v18-all-fish.html

Basspastor said...

Sweet looking ride. Do you ever fish in it?

BassFishingDem said...

I do. The boat launch is minutes away. Just haven't had any chances to load up and go lately. You can usually see the gray carpet in some of my older fishing report photos. When I get my vehicle back, I need to load it and make sure it starts okay. It hasn't been used in a couple months.

Basspastor said...

I did not see the In-Fisherman article on the Cisco/Whitefish. Sullivan lake has them and I have caught them through the ice. I do have a blog post with pics from April 6th 2005. http://basspundit.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_archive.html