I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Monday, August 11, 2008

• Lowrance X37 blinks -4.0°F

If your Lowrance unit should start blinking -4.0°F, I can recommend a couple of things to check. The unit I experienced this problem on was the X37TX which is mounted on the bow with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. There were no other quirks or problems with the unit as far as I could tell. It looked like I was getting good readings on everything else. I had to rely on the main unit for water temperatures. Looking at the unit, the cables appeared to be plugged in just fine. I ended up calling Lowrance at their tech support number.

When I called Lowrance, I sat on hold for about 11 or 12 minutes. You will hear repeated recommendations to use their online help to troubleshoot your problem. Once connected with a rep, I was asked whether or not the temperature reading was blinking. It was. I was asked to make sure the wire from the unit to the transducer was not damaged. I also had to check the transducer to see if it had been damaged. Look for cracks or scratches across the transducer. At this point, the tech support employee with the additional information about the boat and purchase dates said a new transducer would be sent out free of charge provided I could fax proof of purchase of the unit.

Before calling back to get the fax number to send the proof of purchase info to Lowrance, I fumbled around the front of the boat by the unit and the trolling motor. I ended up grabbing one of the wires that goes into the back of the unit and that was enough to pull the plug loose. When I plugged it back in which took a bit of effort I might add, the unit started reading temps again. I can't believe I missed that. The #1 rule is to check your connections. I'm relatively tech savvy and although I visually inspected the connection, I did not physically check the plug.

If that does not solve your problem, contact Lowrance. Before calling Lowrance, go online and use their web based problem solver. It might help you troubleshoot your problem, but I found it to be useless. The results it shot back at me were of little help. Should you call Lowrance, have your paperwork nearby and it would also help to be at your boat when you call.

Lowrance Online Self Support
http://www.lowrance.com/en-nz/Support/Self-Service-Support/


Related Posts:
Tracker V-18 All Fish
Tracker Speedometer Fix
Protect Your Boat Cover
Merc Motor Tip
Replacing a Rod Strap

3 comments:

mizlan said...

wow..nice blog dude

Steve said...

I would love to see more posts on GPS and Sonar units esp with respect to side imaging

Steve Lott

BassFishingDem said...

That's one area you probably won't get much of here on my blog only because most of the water I fish is shallow and lacking with regard to bottom structure. The units on my boat are not that advanced. I don't see SI being on my need-to-have list any time soon either. It's cool, but I don't need it here. Sonar readouts are still somewhat foreign to me as they are to many other anglers. I might be able to write up a quick beginner's guide though.