I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

• Classic & Expo: Day 1

I'm going to keep this post short. I was so tired last night that I didn't bother writing up anything. The day started out with me watching Mike & Mike on ESPN2. I did not go out to the launch. The morning coverage was not that great. Lots of talk about steroids in baseball, Tiger Woods, and the NBA.

I hit the expo around noon and stayed until around 2pm. I enjoyed my time at the expo. Everyone was really friendly and I got a ton of questions answered from various companies. Hank Parker was demonstrating for Berkley. Bacon's, a local tackle shop, was set up on the 2nd floor. I was happy to see them representing us. I stopped by so many booths, but the ones that caught my eye were Big Bite Baits, Shimano, Lake Fork Tackle, Vicious Fishing, Do-it Lures, JYMSU Bass Baits, and the Rat-L-Trap booth. BASS was out there pressuring members to renew, but they were the only ones applying the pressure on anyone attending. Most companies were doing their own thing and only spoke if you took an interest in their products. JYMSU Bass Baits was very helpful. Vicious Fishing gave me a free sample of 15# and 12# fluorocarbon to try out. Great folks at the expo guys and gals. Be sure to hit it up and show your support for these companies.

I spoke to a few other folks from various companies, but their names escape me. I also happened to see those not so nice folks from Sure-Life. You can bet I skipped over that booth in a hurry.

Then it was time for the weigh in. Everyone was getting a little frustrated waiting for the doors to open. The crowd still behaved well and I didn't witness any altercations. Once inside the CenturyTel and in my seat, I was able to see the stage pretty well. I sat in the upper deck on the left. People in the upper deck were not all that enthusiastic. The folks running the show interacted more with the "special" attendees. Nobody in the upper deck had a chance of getting a free hat or t-shirt. Before the weigh in started, a guy from Take Me Fishing did some neat casting tricks for the crowd. Then they got down to business.

You've probably already seen the standings. Many of the anglers were miffed that the water temps dropped an alarming 10 degrees. Lots of nice fish were still caught on day 1. They did better than I expected, but I was right about the amount of 15lb sacks. I was shocked to see Duckett pull out a 20lb sack. Wow. Let's hope the show gets better. Photos from the weigh in are going to be posted in my Myspace photo album, but I have a lot of photos to sort through. It's going to take me some time.

On my way back to the expo via the shuttle service they were running for us, I got to sit next to Scott Rook. He's in 6th place right now. Not the most talkative fellow, but I suppose he had a lot on his mind. Still neat to have a pro on the bus with us. That was certainly unexpected.

The only bad behavior I witnessed involved a couple of guys badmouthing one of the bus drivers.

On to day 2! I'll be at the expo again today to buy some stuff I saw yesterday.

0 comments: