I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

• Classic & Expo: Day 2

Day 2 was definitely more exciting than day 1. There was certainly more going on and the crowds kept me on my toes. I avoided the morning launch again, but I'm seriously considering heading down there for day 3.

So my day started out at the expo and I spent my time signing up for various contests and buying things I had my eyes on. The Rat L Trap booth had a great deal on overstocked traps. One stand had a special going. I could buy five traps for $10. Yeah. I picked out some good ones. There was also another booth set up to paint your own trap. I picked up a 2009 Bassmaster Classic hat and 4 packs of Big Bite Baits plastics with a Big Bite Baits t-shirt. I picked up a few more freebies and found a few new interesting booths. All of the vendors were very nice again.

If either BassPundit or Rich wants to chime in, I signed up for a chance to win a fishing trip up around Fort Frances. There was a booth with a couple of nice guys for Fort Frances/Rainy River. Gave me some freebies too.

Lots of celebrities there today too. I snapped photos of Hank Parker, Jimmy Houston, and Bill Dance. I'm pretty sure Leo Stakos and Ron James were on the casting challenge stage on the first floor. I thought I heard someone say Joe Thomas was at the Dick's Sporting Goods section, but I never saw him. Many pro anglers from the tournament who did not make the cut after day 2 ended will be cruising the expo floor on day 3.

As for the weigh in, I'll just say the leaderboard got a good shaking. It's pretty mixed up now and a few good 19 and 20lb sacks came in. I was shocked at those numbers. Big bass was another 7lber. Sounds like the stumps and shallow water were getting to them. Getting good photos was a nightmare. Far too many people stood in the line of sight. It was like they were unaware anyone behind them had a camera. Lesson learned. I'll try to sit a little higher and away from an arena entrance on day 3. I completely missed KJ and his big catch because of a select few who got in the way. The arena lighting also affects photography. I did sit where I could get a clear shot of the leaderboard this time. The place was packed. Better get there plenty early on day 3 if you want a good seat in the upper deck.

I took a lot of photos again today, but I'll sort through them Sunday evening and Monday and then post them in my Myspace photo album.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a FYI to anyone interested. The bisg move of the classic on Sunday was by Mike Iaconelli. His move came from a "generic" tube as memtioned by Mark Zona of ESPN. Well this genreic tube really has a name and it is a Drycreek Custom Bait called a Big Dog flipping tube and the color was hot black. Thanks ESPN360 for the hi resolution cameras. Ike pulled these from a baggie in his pocket. He is paid by some other big buck bait company and has to protect them. I understand; but if you saw this on line then you also saw how the bass really sucked the bait down. That is the secret to this bait, all of the salt. Orders can be done through drycreekoutfitters.com They are a small family run company that stresses quality for the buck. The best tubes I have ever fished.