I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Friday, March 18, 2011

• Cross Report - 20-30 minutes of prefishing

I only caught one fish tonight with the 30 minutes of free time I had. The activity out there has been strange, so I didn't have a solid plan going into tonight. The crappie have already left the shallows. The gar are up spawning. Even bowfin are lurking in the shallows.

There was a lot of commotion around several cypress trees, but I couldn't for the life of me get anything to bite. After several casts, I put one bass in the boat. I used a 5/16oz Eakins Jig with a Tiny Paca Chunk trailer. I normally use V&M Baby V-chunks, but I'm testing the Tiny Pacas right now. I had to let it sit for a few seconds, but they are out there. I just have to dedicate myself to fishing any and every tree out there.


This pattern revealed itself to me in April a few years ago and over the past couple of years, I couldn't replicate it. If the bass are in this mood right now, I could be on this pattern for a few weeks. Let's hope I'm that lucky.

For what it's worth, I should also mention that the water levels are slowly dropping. I really hope we get some rain soon. The last batch didn't make a dent in the water levels like I had hoped. I don't see any rain in the immediate forecast, so maybe we'll get some next month.

I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow.

4 comments:

MSPbass said...

I'm a Netbait NUT. Looking forward to one of your thorough reviews of the Paca Chunk. Are you testing any other Netbait products?

BassFishingDem said...

I've used the regular sized Paca Chunks for a while and since the V&M stuff isn't easy to come by, even though the company is from down here, when I saw the Tiny Chunks, I knew I needed to try them out. My review will probably address both the Paca Chunk and Tiny Chunk because they really are no different aside from size.

As for other Netbait products, I've been thinking about trying their stickbaits. If I could get a big worm bite going, I'd try that C Mac worm, but I'd be smart just to go with stickbaits and craws. I'll have to scan the Academy aisle to see what else catches my eye.

Anonymous said...

Went out to Cross yesterday from about 3pm to 7ish. Fished i think Johnson's Arm?? On the map its close to Tacoma and N. Lakeshore on the north side of the lake. Tons of cruising bass!! They were everywhere!! I think i tied on almost everything i had. No bites.. Even when putting the bait directly in front of the fish!!! Oh well still got to get out of the house and on the water.. Bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!! Yesterday was the first time me and a buddy went out fishing on Cross but after seeing how many fish are out there i'm sure we will be going out scouting more good spots to fish!!

BassFishingDem said...

I went out on Saturday. I didn't post a report, but I think I probably should. Didn't catch a thing. Didn't see much activity at all. It was dead out there.

Of course, it didn't help that the fishing pressure was extremely heavy. Too many boats, not enough water. On top of that, the lake is still pretty low. I didn't even see any bass cruising the shallows.

I'm still convinced that we don't have a good enough bass population to support the heavy fishing this lake gets. If they are there, the pressure undoubtedly gives them a bad case of lockjaw.

Consider me off duty until we get some rain and the gar stop spawning.