I‘m a liberal leaning outdoorsman attempting to open the minds of right wingers to the idea that libs fish too. Anglers come from all walks of life, left, right, and center. Not everyone who fishes for bass is a redneck fond of Nascar, country music, and religiosity. Expect posts about largemouth bass fishing, techniques, reviews of lures and other products, but not any condemnable conservative rants. I hope to inspire the online angler community to dial down rhetoric which will do more harm than good to our sport.

Getting Around:

If you are looking for something in particular, use the Labels below, the Blog Archive, or the search box at the top to find what you need. When using the search box, simple search terms will get the best results. One word is often better than three. Searching for "Pflueger" will give you more results than "Pflueger baitcasting reel." Use these three features to your advantage.

Labels are relevant tags or keywords. Click on a label to view other related posts organized by date. For example, clicking on the label spinnerbaits will take you to all the other posts with the tag spinnerbaits and the label largemouth bass denotes any fishing report where I caught a bass. Labels are listed below, first by frequency and then in alphabetical order. Labels are also tagged below each individual post. When viewing by Label, 20 results are listed per page. Click "Older Posts" to see more posts with that Label. In addition, some entries may also have a list of related posts at the bottom you might also find useful.

Anyone can comment, so go ahead and post. I'd like to hear what you think. There is a "Post a Comment" link below every single entry. Comments are still moderated for approval. Anything inappropriate will be rejected. This also helps cut down on spam.

Thanks for stopping by!

Advanced Search:
Upcoming Blog Posts
Spro Bronzeye Jr.
NetBait Tiny Paca Chunks

Blog Status Updates
For New Visitors

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
Fan Page
YouTube
GetReeled
Skype Me™!Skype

Best Viewed:
1024x768 or higher
IE7 or later
Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ratings not supported by Opera


Popular Posts (by visits)
Shimano Curado E5
Review: Plano 7771 Tackle Box
H2O Xpress Baitcaster
Zoom Brush Hog
Shimano Callisto Review
Pflueger Patriarch WLP71: First Impressions
Pflueger Summit WLP Review
Rapala Original Floating Minnow
Double Ztoo Rig (Donkey Rig)

Subscribe
Follow via Google FriendConnect
Subscribe via email
Enter your email address:



Top Fishing Websites at TopFishingSites.Com


Get Free Shots from Snap.com
When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a visual preview of the spot I fished using Google Maps or a preview of the web page that the link goes to.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

• Cross Report 5-18-2011

I loaded the small boat around 7pm hoping to fish some water in the 5-6ft range with my new KVD 1.5 crankbait. My backup lure was a DT-6, but I had a T-rigged craw ready if I had a chance to fish slow before sunset. The shallow water didn't look all that appealing to me, so that's why I opted to head out to the main lake this evening. That patch of hydrilla I ran across in my last outing was just too tempting not to investigate further.

Once I got out beyond the last row of trees, a red Nitro got on plane about 100 yards away in what resembled a mad dash to beat me to my spot. Seeing as how I was only moving at a snail's pace, it was a no contest kind of battle. Luckily, they started fishing in the opposite direction I was headed toward. I was more focused on fighting the steady breeze out there anyway.

Once anchored, I tied on my 1.5 and started fan casting. I found more hydrilla, but no bites.

Shortly before 8pm, the cloud cover rolled in and blocked out the sun. The wind died down. Splashes started popping up around me. One blowup was enough to convince me the splashes were not gizzard shad. A large fish came up, nose first, and paddled itself in a straight line, leaving a large wake behind it.

After a couple of nips from something in that general area, I hooked up with a fish seconds before I was about to lift my crankbait out of the water. Fish #1 was a white bass.


Fish #2 was a white bass.


Fish #3 was a white bass as well.


Then the bite died. Maybe it had to do with the amount of light left in the day. Maybe it had to do with the lack of a steady breeze. Whatever happened, it killed the bite. I spent another 15 minutes casting around before I called it quits and came in.

I think a BFL All-American tournament is on Cross at the same time as the Red River FLW deal. I'd hate to be throwing a crankbait on Cross for a black bass tournament. Hopefully they don't get into a mess of white bass out there. Those fish are fun to catch, but I wouldn't want to get that distracted when a tournament is on the line.

Water was stained. Did not check temps. The lake is still plenty low. We need rain around here.

0 comments: